The clutch master cylinder transforms the pressure exerted on the pedal into hydraulic pressure, transferring it to the slave cylinder that activates the clutch disc via the clutch thrust bearing.
Our range of clutches is growing continuously, divided into:
• clutch master cylinder (60% of European car parc)
• slave cylinders (50% of European car parc)
All our references are scrupulously tested following the OE specification.
The materials of the internal components, such as the pistons, also comply with the OE specifications and are in anodised aluminium, steel or plastic.
Metelli decided to use anodised aluminium pistons to ensure greater resistance to corrosion and to wear and tear caused by sliding.
The rubber gaskets used on the clutches comply with the OE specifications, guaranteeing:
• High resistance to wear and external agents
• High resistance to the brake fluid
• High resistance to traction and breaking
• Low deformation due to compression
To guarantee the quality of the product, type-approval tests are carried out in a dedicated testing room. These tests are performed according to strict internal procedures, including:
• Endurance and hydraulic pressure test (300,000 cycles run at different temperatures: -20°/ ambient t./+80°)
• Pneumatic seal test with low pressure
• Hydraulic seal test with high pressure (max 100 bar)